A frontrunner in renewable energy
Scatec is a leading renewable power producer, delivering affordable and clean energy worldwide. As a long- term player, Scatec develops, builds, owns and operates solar, wind and hydro power plants and storage solutions. In the first half of 2021, Scatec will have a total of 3.5 GW in operation on four continents and more than 500 employees. The company is targeting 15 GW capacity in operation or under construction by the end of 2025. Scatec is headquartered in Oslo, Norway and listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ‘SCATC’.
Company introduction video
Our culture shall be driven by values, performance and competence.
We have identified four core corporate values to help define our culture and govern our business activities:
- Driving results
- Working together
In a rapidly changing market environment, predictability is an important feature of a business relationship. We see it as our task to deliver on our promises and meet the expectations placed on us. For this, we use our know-how and experience. Consistent performance and reliability finally leads to confidence.
Predictable means that we…
- deliver on commitments
- communicate in an open and precise way
- bring up ethical issues and challenges immediately
Determination is vital to succeed in the solar industry. Driving results are therefore a fundamental value in our corporate culture.
Driving results means that we…
- set ambitious targets
- show endurance, follow through and pay attention to important details
- strive simplicity and clarity, avoid activities not adding value
- continuously develop sound expertise, demonstrate commercial awareness and customer orientation
Curiosity and an open mind are important qualities for us. It is not necessary to reinvent the wheel – often it’s just a new combination of good ideas that enables a significant advantage. This requires the courage to venture into unknown territory and manage the emerging risks, an attitude we foster in Scatec Solar.
As changemakers we…
- are curious and stimulate new ideas and creativity
- have the courage to challenge accepted truths and enter unfamiliar territory
- understand and manage risk
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Complex projects involve many people and various disciplines that require seamless cooperation.
Working together we…
- listen actively, give and accept constructive feedback
- always seek the most appropriate solutions, share our experiences and build on each other‘s contributions.
- respect the individual and encourage collaboration to continuously improve the working environment.
- have a “can do” attitude and strive to develop and energize our colleagues.
MW in operation
MW under construction
MW in project backlog
MW in project pipeline
Illustration of a utility-scale solar PV plant
50 MW plant build up
A utility-scale solar PV plant is made up of several components including a mounting system/trackers, solar modules, inverters, transformers, substation, plant controlling system and a power grid.
Is representative of an average solar project, which typically contains around 160,000 solar modules that transform energy from the sun into electricity. The modules can be connected to a system of about 800 trackers, which are programmed to follow the sun for maximum energy capture. About 20 inverters convert the variable direct current (DC) output to alternating current (AC) to be fed into the power grid.